3.29.2009

This is a title

My Alone in the Dark review might not be done for today, so to tide you guys over, here is another video game review that I wrote for my blog on Screwattack!

Hello again g1s! I hoped you all enjoyed my first entry on this series, and by the comments and votes, I gathered some of you did. I was going to wait a while longer to write this, but I just finished exams, and I need something to get my mind away from school related activities. Today we will be taking a look at...

Mega Man Xtreme 2
Photobucket

Many of you may or may not remember this one. Mega Man Xtreme 2 (or MX2 as I will call it from now on) is a sequel to, what else, Mega Man Xtreme. Both games were released on the Gameboy Color. MX2, or Rockman X2: Soul Eraser in Japan, was released October 30, 2001 in North America. It takes place (obviously) after Mega Man Xtreme, both taking place in between Mega Man X3 and 4.
Photobucket

The gist of the story is that Reploids all over the Earth are losing their DNA Souls, which are being used to make an army of Mavericks. Our heroes, X and Zero (along with new friend Iris) travel to Laguz Island to stop them. But, who is leading the army of Mavericks? Berkana, a former Reploid Researcher, and partner Gareth, who's origin is unknown. But it seems someone else is behind them...
Photobucket

The game is what you would expect from a Mega Man X game. You run, jump, dash, wall jump, and kill stuff. Unlike the first Mega Man Xtreme, you can play as Zero in MX2. The thing is, if you play as X, Zero doesn't get the power-up from the boss or vice-versa. The bosses include:
-Blast Hornet
-Flame Mammoth
-Launch Octopus
-Neon Tiger
-Overdrive Ostrich
-Tunnel Rhino
-Volt Catfish
-Wire Sponge

Those are the main bosses, but there are also "Skullhead", the first boss enemy encountered, Isaz and Sowilo, a sphinx/tank thing with a drill, and Velguarder, a wolf. If you make it through Extreme mode, beating all eight bosses, you get to fight Berkana or Gareth, depending on if you are playing as X or Zero. After that, the mastermind behind it all is revealed. Who else? Sigma. After you beat the game, you unlock Boss Attack, in which you can fight all the bosses from not only MX2, but the original Xtreme.
Photobucket

The fight with Sigma has a history with me. Me and my family were driving home from my grandparent's house, and I brought this game along to pass the time (it was a long drive). I had gotten to Sigma before, but never managed to kill him. You can guess what happened. I finally bet him, and that whole day, I felt so happy.
Photobucket

As for graphics and music, not much can be said. Not bad, but not groundbreaking. The graphics are almost just like the SNES X series, but more Gameboy-ish. Same to be said about the music. Also, the sound effects are on par with the console version as well.

Well, this is Matthew saying, Go play it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment